Saturday, February 12, 2005

Friends

All,
everything that I understand,
I understand only because I love. .
— Leo Tolstoy


It is impossible to know how much different my life would be if it were not for the people who love me and who I love. It would be impossible to know how much different my life would be if I were not touched every single day by gentle souls who show me the way. I am so appreciative for the love and kindness of these people. They are my friends and their love is a gift so big I wonder if I deserve it and yet it is so wonderful to have that I could never let go of it. If you are one of those people, and you are if you are reading this I want you to know you are so important to me and you make life worth living.

And for those friends I have not yet met - I look forward to the day when we will be a part of each others lives and the fun and laughter we will share. I look forward to sharing the same with all of you who I already know. Nothing in life is better than sharing life. I hope I return this love in a meaningful way - that I am worthy to be called your friend.

I cannot imagine the loneliness of life without friends, cannot comprehend the gulf of sorrow that would stretch out before a person alone in this world. We are here to share and the sharing is what makes all the difference for me.