Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Give me an A

Here's to you Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know, ho ho ho,
God bless you please Mrs. Robinson, heaven holds a place for those who pray, hey hey hey, hey hey hey.
I want to win the race, get the A, outsmart the rest, be the best. Do I want this because I need to win my place in heaven, do I think that only losers go to hell. Can I accept that the pearly gates open of an accord having nothing to do with my will. Can I fall down on my knees and pray, hey, hey, hey? My pride goeth before the fall - fall down and pray, fall down and pray.
God is such a big subject in such a small mind - it is easier to focus on the little stuff, the size of my car, my house, my score, my check. Who wants to lose? Is heaven the big prize? And for all the rest - what? Can we all win? Is it possible to be loved unconditionally, even when you have a wart on the end of your nose, your breath smells, your feet stink. Is that possible? What does God see that I cannot? I scurry away from ugliness, pain, sorrow. I pretend not to see but I cannot see what God sees. No man is so blind as he who cannot see - no woman either.
So I set my sights on the little stuff, the temporary, the insignificant, the meaningless. Open your eyes and see! They say that the light of God is blinding, I cannot see, is this because God has blinded me?
My prayer is:
God give me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Oh say can you see? God bless you please Mrs. Robinson, heaven holds a place for those who pray, hey, hey, hey.